Monday, January 31, 2011

The One With January's Challange



As January winds to a close, I thought that I should give an update on my how my goal for this month went. As many of you know, I gave myself a challenge a month for 2011 and January’s was to learn to snowboard. I have never been sporty or athletic, and this was proved time and time again as I would end up in the resort clinic with a concussion or the lift would be stopped when I pulled my fellow snowboarder to the ground with me during ungraceful lift exits, but I have to say that this has been a super fun challange. I am still TERRIBLE at snowboarding, but with at least a month left to go before the season is over, I plan to be able to execute excellent heel side AND toe side turns down by mid-march.

My biggest surprise in this challenge came not in the challenge itself though, but in how much I have LOVED working at Whitetail this season. I only got the job for the free pass to snowboard, but my soul has been filled with meeting fun new people (hi Jamie!), learning new things, and being in an energetic environment while the rest of PA hibernates the winter away in their houses. Whitetail is like a beehive of excitement on the long, dark, cold nights of winter and I have enjoyed the benefits of having it as part of my life this season. I mean, what more perfect job could I have then getting to dress up as a hippie and Ginger Grant in one weekend?

And since my plans tonight have been canceled, I am going to try to slip one more trip to the slopes in before February graces us with its presence…

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Looking forward to what the rest of the year holds :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Erin! i really am taking a liking to your writing style. Couldn't agree more about working at whitetail:) it's been and continues to be agreat experience! i always enjoy your kind presence behind that counter and the new nickname ;)

    ReplyDelete