Monday, February 14, 2011

I love me some Valentine’s Day. It speaks to the very core of who I am… a day to love openly and express that love. In honor of Valentine’s Day, I will share some of my truest loves that fill my soul up to its tippy top:
• Making people laugh. I love this all the time, but the greatest satisfaction comes when you
make a grumpy or solemn person first crack a smile and then you know that a laugh is going to
follow.
• Climbing into bed right after they have been freshly washed.
• Touching the people around me. If I feel comfortable around someone, I would prefer to be touching them in some way. Nestling my feet under them, burrowing my nose into their shoulder, standing close enough that some part of my body is touching theirs. Warning: if I am comfortable with you, you are going to have your space invaded.
• Asking couples to tell me how they met and fell in love. Love, love, love the look that comes over people’s faces when they tell me their loves stories.
• Sappy love songs. The sappier, the better.
• Seeing little old couples that are holding hands. Makes me alittle teary-eyed even thinking about it. So beautiful!
• Big ghetto earrings.
• Reality TV.
• Anything related to ships and the ocean. And yes, their includes an obsession with pirates. Hey, can’t blame a girl who grew up on a ship for being unable to resist pirates.
• Getting carded. This used to offend me. Then when I turned 29, my offense turned into pure joy. AT LEAST 50% of the time that I get carded, the person tells me, “Wow, I would NEVER have guessed your were that old!” It’s my fav!
• Spontaneous adventures.
• Nicknames. Hang out with me long enough and you will probably end up with one. Most are created when I am being super silly or when I jumble up words, both of which I tend to do a lot.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE me some Erin and I think I love when you are hang out with us and we get to see that sappy side of you. That is my fav part.

    ReplyDelete