Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Personal Giving Challange: Love 146


One of my goals for my 30th year was to choose an organization who is making a change in the earth to support and feature on my blog to raise awareness of some of the incredible work that is being done to fight the injustices in our modern world. I have always been a big believer in the principle of giving, but this year I wanted to challenge myself even more.

January’s Choice: Love 146

Did you know that there are more slaves in the world today than at any other time in history?!?!
This is not just a problem in other countries, this is happening right here in the US of A! Right on our own doorstep and unfortunately very little is being done about the problem.

Enter Love 146. I have known the founders of this organization for a very long time- shared a
flat with Desirea and traveled across Eastern & Western Europe with her. Rob Morris is my favorite motivational speaker, has a heart of gold and has an interracial family that is
such an inspiration to me. I used to nanny for Lamont’s kids and have always loved chatting with him about social justice issues.

Love 146 is an organization whose goal is the abolition of child sex slavery and exploitation through prevention and aftercare. It protects children around the US, Asia, & Europe by developing and sustaining targeted prevention projects in high risk communities. Their mission is to defend the rights of the vulnerable, through advocacy, prevention, and effective action. Love 146 restores hope to survivors through wholistic aftercare and training caregivers to empower,
educate, and provide viable employment opportunities equipping them to transition back into communities.

Check out the amazing work they are doing at www.love146.org!

No comments:

Post a Comment